Paperback 509: Gold Medal s1110 (3rd ptg, 1961)
Title: So Wicked My Love
Author: Bruno Fischer
Cover artist: photo cover
Yours for: $10
- I know there’s a naked lady on the cover, and I do love naked ladies, but oh my god all I can think about is that awesome chair and how I want to have it right now.
- I don’t normally like photo covers all that much—I started collecting these things for the *art*, after all—but I do like the design on this one. It’s like an updated “keyhole” cover—so I can feel like a modern peeping tom, with my telescope / binoculars / James Bond spying device.
- She has double coy-hand. It’s very weird. I hope those are throw pillows she’s holding against her, because it kinda looks like she’s clutching a dirty, gaudy bathmat.
- Ugh, nothing. Come on, Gold Medal!
- Ah … Cherry. Now I get the red background thingie on the cover.
- She’s pert, like a deadly cobra. You know, the rare Pert Cobra of Pensacola.
- This isn’t even good bad prose. It’s just bad. Bruno Fischer deserves better!
She turned her head to her husband, who was pulling a crumpled pack of cigarettes out of his pants. “Frankie, honey, would you mind leaving us alone?”
He looked at her in that blue cotton robe clinging to her flesh. “Yeah,” he said, “I mind.”