Paperback 869: Dell 187 (1st ptg, 1947)
Title: N Or M?
Author: Agatha Christie
Cover artist: Gerald Gregg
Estimated value: $10-15
- The cigarette is puzzled. “What the hell does ‘NORM’ mean?” it wonders.
- Design on this is so bizarre. Everything’s laid out at odd angles, the cigarette ashes have an eerie, vermiform look to them, and the whole thing kinda looks like a white whale with “NorM” tattooed to the side of its face is trying to fight the scourge of smoking by devouring all related paraphernalia in its sight.
- Gerald Gregg is a cover artist god. As early, non-sexy paperback covers go, his weird abstractions are my favorite.
- Mappington! Backington! These never get old.
- If you call your place “Smuggler’s Rest,” the cops *are* going to find you.
- “Road.” LOL. Thanks, map!
- If the devil doesn’t live at Sans Souci, he will soon.
“Friends of friends of yours, I think you said?” Tommy suggested mendaciously.
Tommy always was a mendacious little bastard. I’ve always said that about him.